Bio-Absolute specializes in meth lab cleanup. Meth and the chemicals used to create meth can cause long-term health effects including cancer, birth defects, miscarriages, central nervous system damage, and damage to the liver and kidneys. Our meth lab cleanup services restore uninhabitable buildings and structures to their former glory. Meth labs must be professionally cleaned or remediated. Failure to properly ventilate and remediate a meth lab can cause the room’s inhabitants to suffer dizziness, headaches, fatigue, nausea, burns, coughing, chest pain, and even death. These risks very depending on the chemicals and byproducts present in the meth labs.
Meth Lab Cleanup Methods
- Proper ventilation – Ventilation will help chemicals dissipate that may have soaked into the walls, ceiling, and floors.
- Removal – If there are visible scratches or stains to furniture or items in the meth lab, they may require removal. Absorbent materials like carpets, drapes, wallpaper, clothing, and sofas can absorb vapors and dust from the viscous chemicals used to cook meth. Some of these items can be washed, but many stained materials must be removed and discarded altogether.
- Plumbing – Plumbing fixtures and the physical plumbing of the structure may need to be cleaned and flushed if staining or odors are detected during the meth lab cleanup.
- Detergent Water Washing – Nonporous surfaces like floors, tiles, walls, and other surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned with a detergent and water solution. Steam cleaning and use of isopropyl alcohol are also often used in meth lab clean up.
- Cleaning Ventilation Systems – Air filters throughout the building must be replaced and ducts must be cleaned to remove residue left from meth chemicals and byproducts.
- Encapsulation – Interior surfaces like walls, wood flooring and wall panels, and ceilings are encapsulated with an oil-based paint or epoxy to create a physical barrier between unremovable meth contaminants and the room’s interior.
More Meth Lab Cleanup Resources
- Learn more about testing for meth lab and other illicit drug residues here.
- Read about the importance of meth lab cleanup in this excellent document prepared by the EPA.
- More on the history of methamphetamine and why to remediate can be found here.
When a property requires meth lab cleanup in St. Louis and surrounding areas, Bio-Absolute offers unparalleled professionalism and knowledge in the industry. As the property owner of a defunct meth lab, you are ultimately responsible for the meth lab cleanup. The professionals at Bio-Absolute will work with you and your insurance provider to help find the best solution for remediation.
Our expertly trained and equipped meth lab cleanup teams are standing by to help.
Contact us or call us at 314-898-2138 to speak with one of our meth lab cleanup professionals today.